A successful first week is now under my belt! I must say that I am surprised that there was so many other people leaving feedback through my twitter updates on my daily progress. I feel like I’m moving at a good pace through the FCC program so far and look forward to continuing this process.
Completed Items this week
Day 1: I completed cleared through FreeCodeCamp.com’s Front End Certification to the Tribute Page creation.
Day 2: Built out a basic/general Tribute Page in CodePen.io meeting the user story items.
Day 3: Worked further on the FCC process to gain some better understanding of BootStrap and went through about 10-20 different visual changes to my tribute page to see how I could put these functions to work. I also signed up for Enki’s dev app.
Day 7: I want to spend each Sunday (Day 7’s) reflecting back and making sure I retain some of the FCC info. I also want this to be my social day so I’ve made sure start conversations up with other coders via Twitter/Facebook (maybe a physical meetup over time). I used some of this time to invite other users to join #100DaysofCode and to join in on the Five Minute refreshers from Enki.
Continual work/forward plans
- I’m still working to get more familiar with the GIT process (GitHub in particular).
- Create a list of other learning tools I find in this process.
- Look into the missed/skipped “Build a Professional Portfolio Webpage”
- Continue tweaking/playing with the D&D betting tool to make it more user friendly.
- Keep a running log in GitHub for this weekly email (so I spend less time writing and more time thinking on Day 7)